Thursday, August 16, 2007

Psalm 27: Hearts at Rest

"Though an army besiege me, my heart will not fear..."

I would like to say
that
my heart is at rest,
but I can't.
I would like to think
that
I always rest in God's care,
but I don't.
I would love to declare
that
my faith is unwavering,
but it isn't.
I wish it was a fact
that
fear is a thing of my past,
but it simply isn't.
It would be nice to know
that
trust's struggle is over,
but it isn't.
I wish I never wanted
to be
my own sovereign,
but I do.
I want to have unbroken rest
in
the hand of God's love,
but I don't.
I long to face difficulty
without
question or doubt,
but I don't.
I do not want to
re-question
my Father's love,
but I do.
I wish I never questioned
the
Lord's good plan,
but I do.
The struggle is better
than
it once was,
but not done.
My rest is more consistent
than
it used to be,
but not complete.
My heart enjoys a greater ease
than
in earlier days of faith,
but unrest comes.
I have lived with you
and
seen your care,
but questions come.
I have seen you do
what
I could not have conceived,
but still doubt.
I have been in awe
of
the provisions of your grace,
but anxiety comes.
I have submitted myself
to
your will and way,
but still rebel.
So with rest in your forgiveness
and
confidence in your power,
I come.
With a needy heart
that
craves your help,
I pray:
"Help me Father today
to
let go of my need,
to always understand.
Enable me to live in rest
when
I don't know before
what will happen.
Help me to have a restful heart
when
opposition is great,
and all I have is you."

5 Comments:

At 7:56 AM, Blogger ivis said...

Romans 7:18-25 "For I know that good itself does not dwell in me, that is, in my sinful nature.For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For I do not do the good I want to do, but the evil I do not want to do—this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it. So I find this law at work: Although I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God’s law; but I see another law at work in me, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within me. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body that is subject to death? Thanks be to God, who delivers me through Jesus Christ our Lord!" Indeed...thank you God for continuously rescuing me. My heart depends on Your mercy, compassion, and love through Your Son Jesus to be rescued from my wavering efforts to fully surrender and find "true rest" in You. ivis

 
At 9:29 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

ninest123 16.03
prada outlet, nike outlet, longchamp outlet, burberry outlet, gucci handbags, ralph lauren polo, cheap jordans, louis vuitton outlet, louis vuitton outlet online, oakley sunglasses, uggs on sale, louis vuitton outlet, tiffany jewelry, replica watches, ralph lauren outlet, michael kors outlet, longchamp outlet, cheap oakley sunglasses, ray ban sunglasses, michael kors handbags, replica watches, michael kors outlet online, oakley sunglasses, uggs on sale, louboutin shoes, christian louboutin, ray ban sunglasses, uggs outlet, nike free, christian louboutin, uggs outlet, tiffany jewelry, nike air max, oakley sunglasses, longchamp bags, uggs on sale, michael kors outlet online, michael kors outlet online, nike air max, louis vuitton handbags, oakley sunglasses, louis vuitton, ray ban sunglasses, louboutin uk, michael kors, tory burch outlet, burberry factory outlet, prada handbags

 
At 9:31 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

lunette oakley pas cher, nike roshe run pas cher, lululemon outlet, hollister uk, jordan pas cher, coach purses, lunette ray ban pas cher, nike tn pas cher, hogan sito ufficiale, abercrombie and fitch, new balance, longchamp soldes, nike blazer pas cher, true religion outlet, true religion outlet, michael kors, replica handbags, michael kors, sac guess pas cher, ray ban uk, nike air max, mulberry uk, vans pas cher, abercrombie and fitch UK, louboutin pas cher, nike air max pas cher, coach outlet store online, nike free pas cher, true religion jeans, polo lacoste pas cher, true religion outlet, nike air max uk, ralph lauren pas cher, kate spade outlet, longchamp pas cher, nike air force, polo ralph lauren uk, hermes pas cher, michael kors uk, north face uk, timberland pas cher, vanessa bruno pas cher, nike free, michael kors outlet online, coach outlet, nike air max uk, burberry pas cher, north face pas cher, converse

 
At 9:36 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

swarovski jewelry, coach outlet, links of london uk, canada goose, canada goose pas cher, moncler, barbour, ugg pas cher, louis vuitton, supra shoes, converse, wedding dresses uk, pandora charms, canada goose uk, karen millen uk, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, canada goose outlet, louis vuitton uk, pandora uk, replica watches, moncler, moncler pas cher, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, moncler, swarovski uk, canada goose outlet, canada goose jackets, moncler, converse shoes outlet, bottes ugg pas cher, barbour jackets uk, canada goose jackets, hollister, marc jacobs, thomas sabo uk, ugg uk, toms shoes, moncler uk, sac louis vuitton, sac louis vuitton, gucci, pandora jewelry, moncler jackets, juicy couture outlet, pandora jewelry, montre pas cher, juicy couture outlet, canada goose, louis vuitton, moncler outlet, ray ban, lancel
ninest123 16.03

 
At 10:05 AM, Anonymous guaitasc said...

Hi nice reading your blogg

 

Post a Comment

<< Home